Based on the notification issued a meeting was held by a committee chaired by the Director-General of Banking on 20 March 2023 where it was decided that Fresh Bank Notes will be issued on the occasion Eid-ul-Fitr 2023.
According to the notice, this decision is in line with precautionary measures taken over last 2 years.
According to the notification about the Suspension of Fresh Notes issuance to the Public & Employees/ Ex-Employees on Fid-ul-Fitr 2023, it is decided that Fresh Currency Notes Will be available Eid-ul-Fitr 2023 from SBP Banks
All Chief Managers are advised to disseminate these instructions to all concerned officials for information and meticulous compliance.
How To Get Fresh Currency Notes on Eid ul fiter 2023:
This year, during the festival of Eid-ul-Fitr, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) will release new currency notes for people to use. You can exchange your old currency notes for new ones soon. The SBP might announce the release date for the new currency notes through a press release. A few years ago, the SBP and Pakistan Banks Association (PBA) introduced a service where you could get new currency notes by sending an SMS to the shortcode 8877 during Eid-ul-Fitr.
To get fresh currency notes in Pakistan through the SBP SMS service, follow these steps:
- Send an SMS to 8877 with your CNIC number and branch ID number.
- Type your CNIC number, followed by a space and the branch ID number, and send it to 8877.
- You will be charged Rs. 2 plus tax for the SMS.
The system will send you a transaction number and the address of the branch where you can collect the new currency notes.
SBP Eid ul Fitr Fresh Currency Notes (Via SMS 2023)
- You can only use each CNIC and mobile number once to avail of the SBP SMS service.
- If the same CNIC number is sent from different mobile numbers, SBP will not issue a transaction code.
- For help, queries, or complaints, you can call (021)-111-008-877.
- To receive fresh currency notes, you must present your original CNIC card.
- Each subscriber can exchange and receive up to three packets of Rs. 10, two packets of Rs. 20, and one packet each of Rs. 50 and Rs. 100.
- You can collect fresh currency notes from 1,535 commercial bank branches and SBP offices located in 132 cities.